Favourite video of the day


NOTE :
Frav band for now. I LOVE YOU 2D!! - cheers

Monday, December 1, 2014

The Day I Quitted Smoking

I had tried so many times to quit smoking. It really wasn't easy at all!
The longest time i managed to stop smoking was only 3 days...

The first time I tried to quit was 2008. I used nicotine gums. Frankly speaking, it was useless.
I go back smoking cigarette before I even finish my gums. The gums tasted really horrible. Feels like chewing the cigarette sticks.
Next I even tried gradually cut down but after some days I will forget to keep track.

I tried so many ways. I looked up information from websites, books and friends.
I heard from my friend that some one she know actually managed to quit using those clinic prescribed drugs like, bupropion and Varenicline.
I wanted to try out prescription drugs so much!! But I was so afraid I will be only wasting money..

So I'm trying out, again, "cold turkey". I believe most smokers will know this term.
It means you just suddenly cut off from cigarettes completely.
A lot of reports shows that this is the most effective and best way to quit.
More people tend to success in quitting using cold turkey.
Of cos it's not an easy way either.
I tried it a few times. Initially, it was still easy to control.
But as days went by, all the mind think about was,
"light up a cigarette would do much harm to my quit program",
"(Mind blank) just went to pick up cigarette and light up",
"Feel fustrated, really very very fustrated".
The mind just keep on returning to cigarettes.

It is very true that it takes up alots of determination to quit.
This is not joking.
I think it's was I getting control by it. If I think of it, I want to light it.
I don't know whether really get headaches, cough or flu when you are quitting.
Might be some people will feel super uncomfortable while some are just easy.
I was surprised by myself too that I can actually stay smoke-free from 7am to 7pm, my working hours for now.
This have continue for 2 weeks and I actually keep having headaches last week.
I wonder is it bcos i stopped for 12 hrs?
Of cos before I decided to quit, I was still smoking after I reach home..

Anyway, i read on an article that writting down a list of "whys" you quit smoking can actually help in our determination to quit.

This is my list. I am still thinking to add what in.

No comments: