Favourite video of the day


NOTE :
Frav band for now. I LOVE YOU 2D!! - cheers

Friday, December 5, 2014

Mine Self-ligating Braces

So I had my braces done on October 2012. Cost me 5k for 3M self-ligation metal braces.
I could have choose the normal type where you have to out on those tiny rubberbands around the brackets.
But it's too fussy and troublesome and it cost 4k. So why not opt for a better one? As least i don't need to worry whether I swallow the band or not.
I removed 4 canine teeth... God, I was so scared. Teeth removal has always been my worst nightmare.
It might be due to the traumatic incident during my primary time with our school dental nurse.
Anyway, it's had been 2 years now.
My teeth really changed alot.
Really really alot.



1 day after :
This is how it looks after putting on. Only 1 month passed from the day I started wearing. Notice that one of the bottom front tooth had no bracket? It's too crooked to put on bracket, so have to wait till it shifted. This is the time where I suffered the worst. Those metal kept on scrapping my inner mouth. OUCH!! Never really think my teeth are so ugly until I saw how the wires goes up and down, in and out... More ugly than normal teeth with braces.

1 month after :
Notice that the teeth began to spread backward. The top row was actually looking more and more like a straight line, God, it still looks so ugly...

2 months after :
Ohh... Its getting better. Those crooked one are getting straighter. Out of place one are falling into the right places.

3 months after :
Nice. Becoming straighter now, it almost doesn't look like me. Haha. Actually straightening the teeth doesn't need too long time. It's the alignment of the teeth that took alot of time...

8 months after :
At this time, my "tiger" canine teeth had already shifted into straight line. Basically the top are more better than the bottom.

2 years after :
Sorry for the fast forward. Mostly are just about closing up the gaps and align the teeth into the correct place. Saw how big the differences between the first picture and this?



I really think that braces are a necessary thing to do in life. My smile are nicer, teeth are more easier to maintain and I look different!! LOL!

It is true that this is actually a painful process. Well, beauty is pain in the ass, isn't it?
Especially if you are an adult going for braces. As we grow older, the teeth bones are more stiffer and harder to shift. Most people does remove their wisdom teeth too before getting the braces on which I had already removed before I think of braces.
Some people finds that having the metals around the teeth is ugly but I actually kinda of like the way it looks on my teeth. Haha.
Lucky for me, out of 5 kids, only 2 needs braces attention.
I definitely will bring them for braces when the time comes.


No comments: